Real Estate and COVID-19
The Denny & Leyla Team is committed to serving you with the same level of dedication and care that you have come to know and expect during this time of uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). Our top priority is the safety and health of our family, friends, clients and the community as a whole.
We understand that as you prepare to buy or sell a home, the current environment will cause additional stress. We want to let you know that we are closing transactions and keeping our clients moving every single day, safely and cautiously.
We have an incredible team and network of partners that allow us to safely keep our commitments to you. We will continue to follow the guidance of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local and government mandates. This includes practicing social distancing, implementing work-from-home meetings, and all guidelines advised to us as Realtors.
- Listing Consultation – We are able to conduct in person consultations assuming no one in your home has or is suspected of having the Coronavirus and that CDC guidelines are followed. In lieu of in person consultations, we can do FaceTime, Whatsapp or other video tours as needed to discuss values, staging, fixes, etc..
- New Listings – Our exclusive marketing program enables us to reach potential buyers quickly to get the news out when a new property hits the market, ranging from a property floor plans and dedicated property website to online advertising, customized email distribution, enhanced social media posts and reach, mailed property announcements and a digital area agent notification.
- Enhanced Virtual Tours - We are introducing 3D video tours of our listings, which allows for a more comprehensive viewing options for buyers.
- Buyer Consultations – We are able to do our full buyer consultation online via Zoom meetings, giving you the full benefit of the education and preparation we would provide at our in person meetings.
- Property Showings – We can show properties virtually using video and apps to keep both sellers and buyers safe while still showcasing a home’s unique features. And for as long as we are able, we will continue to show properties, safely and cautiously, following the CDD guidelines to protect our buyers, the sellers and our colleagues.
- Mortgage – Our mortgage partners offer a suite of digital tools that allow buyers to get pre-approved online, or by phone, and to complete and sign mortgage documents digitally. As well, some lending institutions are allowing for digital appraisals and closings.
- Home Inspections – We can still do in person inspections, but if you do not want to appear in person, we can schedule an “Inspector-only On-site inspection”. You will receive a rapid report and a follow up virtual meeting to review and answer questions.
- Settlements – We have attorney’s and settlement companies who can electronically process and record documents in DC and all jurisdictions where accepted.
To that end, we will never knowingly place you in a situation where you are in close proximity to any person who has tested positive or is otherwise exhibiting known COVID-19 symptoms. In order to help us keep you safe and do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19, we expect that you will tell us if you or anyone living with you has tested positive or is exhibiting known COVID-19 symptoms as well.
We are fortunate to be affiliated with Coldwell Banker, which has withstood numerous adversities throughout our 114-year history. In fact, our company was born in crisis, founded following the 1906 San Francisco earthquake to bring honesty, integrity and service to those in need. Those values have been our core ever since.
We’re all in this together and we look forward to guiding you home. Thank you for your continued trust and support.
Denny & Leyla